Hi Folks! Its Me, Markospoon, Your Favorite Negril Storyteller in Stunning 3D! Cool Huh?

I Write Colorful Articles About a Dimension of Negril the Most Tourists Rarely See.

This has led me to create this blog in order to save and display my stories along with all of my 3D photos just for you my many tourist fans. I'm doing it in cooperation with the 2 author / webmasters of the NEGRIL JAMAICA TOURIST VIDIA, a free, 1500 page exhaustive visual encyclopedia - directory website of Negril.

My articles are about my actual experiences doing various goofy things at various interesting places all over Negril. So I sometimes utilize this reference website's photos, videos and maps here to visually portray some of the tourist enterprises, activities and attractions that I mention that are in this beautiful Jamaican tourist town.

Through my articles and the visuals that I've posted here you will quickly learn why I and so many other tourists love this little town so much.

The following is an endless loop slide show of the 3D photos which I shot when I was down in Negril in December 2010. Enjoy Mon!


This kind of a no glasses 3D slide show has now become possible because of start3d.com's exciting new 3D technology for blogs and websites. With it, all of my 3D photos may be viewed here or in thumbnails in my album on their website or in a larger size on my page on the Negril Jamaica Tourist Vidia.

And should you go there, you can also view a twin slide show of my 3D photos in the much deeper displaying anaglyph format (which does require the 3D glasses to be focused and viewed). In that format, my 3D photos can be displayed in full screen mode to show you an even more fascinating 3D view of each of these scenes.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Markospoon's first trip to Jamaica and Negril

This is Markospoon from Chi town.
Started going to Negril 12 years ago. I have been back there about 18 times.
It is so much like a dream place for me. Swimming and walking are my favorite past times.

I first went with my girlfriend in 1998. We stayed in Mobay for about 4 days. I lady who lives in Chicago is from Jamaica and told me to come down to visit her when she was there. Her husband is from Chicago and built a house. So, one day I was listening to the radio at work and I heard a commercial for a Jamaic vacation. I booked the trip at 1-800-jamaica. So, off we were.

We stayed at the Coral Cliff Hotel on the Hip Strip. I enjoyed Montego Bay, It was quite an expierience and very different from Chicago, but my girlfriend could not get into the Island life. She was one of those people who need everything just right. So, on the 2nd day my Jamaican friend from the states recommended we take a day trip to Negril.

Never heard of Negril before, but why not I said. The ride to Negril was very cool to me. The scenery and the ocean on the side of the road was fun to me. Windows down enjoying the air.

We arrived in Negril about 2:00 P.M. went to Risky Business first. It started to rain and everyone came inside to eat, drink and be merry. After about 20 minutes the rain stopped and I walked on to the beach. That was when it hit me. Stillness, super quiet. It was a feeling that i never felt before. I am considered a loner by my family. Searching on my own and people watching turns me on. Right there and then I decided to come back without my girl the next time. I was back in about 3 months and stayed at the Bar B Barn Hotel.
I was so stupid that I came out my room, walked to the road and asked someone how do you get to the beach. If i had turned to the right from my room i would have been there. But, being a novice I walked to the road. I saw an old lady walking and asked her " how do you get to the beach?
She looked at me with a smile (probably thinking how can a person be so stupid) She said follow me. So we walked a few steps and went down a path between the Hotel. It was lined with trees and bushes and i got a little nervous. Where is she taking me i thought. The bushes and trees were kind of dense and it shut out the sunlight for a few steps.
All of the sudden things opened up and got brighter and I saw the water!
Oh, how pretty your first sight of the Caribbean looks once you get to the beach.
I saw people walking and swimming and having fun!

Been back 18 times. I have some more stories that i will share. Later
blog comments powered by Disqus

What are Followers?

Followers are interested folks who join up with this blog in order to receive e-mail notices of all of its new posts. Please feel free to join them. There is no obligation for doing so.

Followers

The latest entry is always shown above. However, all of the preceding articles are archived (by the month that they were entered) and linked in this blog's right margin.

Entries on any particular enterprise or subject may most easily be found by searching for them in the Google search bar near the top of the right margin. Then, some of its information and a link to it will pop up at the very top of this column so that you may go right to it.