Hi Folks! Its Me, Markospoon, Your Favorite Negril Storyteller in Stunning 3D! Cool Huh?

I Write Colorful Articles About a Dimension of Negril the Most Tourists Rarely See.

This has led me to create this blog in order to save and display my stories along with all of my 3D photos just for you my many tourist fans. I'm doing it in cooperation with the 2 author / webmasters of the NEGRIL JAMAICA TOURIST VIDIA, a free, 1500 page exhaustive visual encyclopedia - directory website of Negril.

My articles are about my actual experiences doing various goofy things at various interesting places all over Negril. So I sometimes utilize this reference website's photos, videos and maps here to visually portray some of the tourist enterprises, activities and attractions that I mention that are in this beautiful Jamaican tourist town.

Through my articles and the visuals that I've posted here you will quickly learn why I and so many other tourists love this little town so much.

The following is an endless loop slide show of the 3D photos which I shot when I was down in Negril in December 2010. Enjoy Mon!


This kind of a no glasses 3D slide show has now become possible because of start3d.com's exciting new 3D technology for blogs and websites. With it, all of my 3D photos may be viewed here or in thumbnails in my album on their website or in a larger size on my page on the Negril Jamaica Tourist Vidia.

And should you go there, you can also view a twin slide show of my 3D photos in the much deeper displaying anaglyph format (which does require the 3D glasses to be focused and viewed). In that format, my 3D photos can be displayed in full screen mode to show you an even more fascinating 3D view of each of these scenes.

Monday, July 13, 2009

The First Time I Drove on the Left Side of the Road in Negril....

....I rented a small open land cruiser and with 2 of my buddies I drove up and down Norman Manley Blvd. along the 7 mile beach strip. No Problem Mon! It was a piece of cake! What was all of this chatter about how difficult it would be to adjust to left side of the road driving? To me it was easy as pie.

So we ventured on downtown. Again, no problem mon, just a little bit of traffic to deal with. Big deal! Then we decided to let it all hang out and explore the cliffs road, so off we went. When someone behind us would honk at us because we were going too slow, I'd merely pull over and let them pass. No problem mon! I quickly realized the secret for me to acclimate myself to left side of the road driving was for me to just go slow and not be a road hazard to those who are in some kind of a rush.

It was mid-day when we did this so the road wasn't too busy. Consequently, we were free to stop a few times to snap some photos of the interesting places along the road. Proceeding in this manner we gradually made it all the way up to the split in the road with no incidents. There I turned around and we headed back. Still no problem mon! By this time I was feeling quite confident in my left side of the road driving abilities which made me become rather smug about it.

So down from the cliffs we coasted, enjoying the ocean view and the road view and still no problem mon! When we were nearly at that place just before downtown where the road dips down and turns right to the HI-LO market (it has a long brick wall lining the right side of the road there) we began to hear the gradually increasing wail of a fire engine's siren. I didn't pay much attention to it thinking it was on some parallel side street, not realizing there really aren't any parallel side streets along there where a Fire truck could be driving!

All of a sudden, Surprise! This big-butt old Fire Brigade truck comes screaming up that hill right at us! Here's this insane gigantic metal monster bearing down on my little land cruiser loaded with 3 road ignorant tourists with no left road shoulder to speak of upon which to stop and let it go by! BIG PROBLEM MON!

Just then I spotted a big parking lot ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE ROAD just before that brick wall starts. So rather than just stop on the far left of the road and let it drive around me, I instead gunned that little sucker and turned hard right in front of that Fire truck and we flew into that big parking lot barely being missed by it.

This was a knee jerk reaction from driving on the right side of the road all of my life and thank God no one got hurt when I did it. I surmised that this would be the best way for me to get out of the way of the Fire engine so it could proceed unhindered. But doing this scared the you-know-what out of all of us and, as they flew by, the bug-eyed firemen didn't look too pleased with me either!

Boy, all the rest of our trip did I take one heck of a tongue lashing for doing that fancy bit of maneuvering. My only defense was to protest over and over again that I saved all of our lives and we all lived through it to tell about it. But that rationalization just brought forth more hoots and some rather derisive comments about my driving in general!

So the next time I'm there in Negril driving, I'll try to not let pride and smugness over my great prowess driving on the left side of the road possess me because I think that God sent that incident my way to humble me for being so darned smug and proud of my driving. And it sure did and I wouldn't want something worse to occur!
blog comments powered by Disqus

What are Followers?

Followers are interested folks who join up with this blog in order to receive e-mail notices of all of its new posts. Please feel free to join them. There is no obligation for doing so.

Followers

The latest entry is always shown above. However, all of the preceding articles are archived (by the month that they were entered) and linked in this blog's right margin.

Entries on any particular enterprise or subject may most easily be found by searching for them in the Google search bar near the top of the right margin. Then, some of its information and a link to it will pop up at the very top of this column so that you may go right to it.